EQ Full TimeWoodbridge, ON
Full-Time Hourly ($18-25 /hr based on experience)
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being Committed, showing Honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective Team that openly Communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
Our company is looking for a reliable, seasoned, qualified Dispatcher to oversee a busy 24/7 shipping / receiving operation with 5-10 drivers for an audiovisual production company. The successful candidate for this position needs to be able to work comfortably in a fast-paced environment with a lot of last-minute changes.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Manage all routing & modifications to ensure the business is utilizing equipment and staff efficiently
· Monitor any sudden route changes or road construction issues and work with drivers to establish new routes for timely deliveries
· Build and maintain a positive work environment where team members and their contributions are recognized and valued. Maintain frequent communication with all team members.
· Continually assess the service level and provide recommendations to managers regarding opportunities to improve operational performance.
· Cultivate strong relationships with drivers and on-site project management leads
· Comply with all DOT and in-house regulations and rules
· Organize and schedule all necessary resources required to accomplish activities.
· Recruit and Train Employees
· Develop and Maintain an Efficient Workflow
· Keep Records of Employee Productivity
· Maintain Relationships with Suppliers and Vendors
· Other duties as assigned by management
Qualifications and Requirements
· 2+ years’ experience in dispatch and routing, transportation, shipping and receiving
· Available to work days, evenings and weekends. This is a 24/7 operation and shifts will vary
· Strong English written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational / problem-solving skills & computer literacy
· Valid G or D driver’s license
· Ability to work in a team environment in high pressure situations
· Strong knowledge of the roadways throughout the immediate area
· Customer service focused & punctual
· Must provide and wear own safety shoes
· AV Industry experience considered an asset
· Forklift Operation Certification will be considered an asset
· WHMIS and 1st Aid certification considered an asset