Audiovisual Technician Full-Time and Part-Time
B2BFull TimeWoodbridge, ON
($19-$21 / hr based on experience)
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being committed, showing honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have an immediate opening for a highly skilled, personable technician looking to deliver the bb Blanc magic to our clients. This is an ideal position for an experienced technician with passion for event technology and high level customer service, looking to join a growing company in a full-time or part-time capacity with goals of growing into a management position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an Audiovisual Technician, your objectives are, but not limited to:
· Under the direction of the Labour Manager, will carry out daily operational/technical duties
· Responsible for accurate setup, dismantling and efficient operation of audiovisual equipment including Lighting/Projectors/Computer/Audio Systems/Special FXs
· Responsible for troubleshooting and problem solving equipment and software issues
· Responsible for proper security, storage, transportation and maintenance of equipment
· Responsible for front of the line customer service and interaction with clients, venue partners and other vendors as needed
· Monitoring and managing a clean inventory room of cables and equipment
· Completing all required documentation and reports
· Responding and confirming that you have received and understand all the information given to you for all the events you are involved with
· Other duties as assigned by Labour Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
Success in this role calls for having a passion for working with clients. The ideal candidate will have:
· Post-secondary education or 2 years similar experience
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
· Willingness to train to develop Excellence in Customer Service and Leadership Acumen
· Technical knowledge of Audio, Video, Projection, Computer, and Lighting
· Experience with Light Jockey an asset
· Fall Arrest and Scissor Lift License are an asset
· Portrays a polished professional image to meet company dress code requirements.
· Must excel in high stress environments and situations
· Heavy lifting, and steel toe shoes / boots will be required
· Willingness to work flexible hours as dictated by Labour Manager, including evenings and weekends
· Must be available to work Friday’s Saturday’s and Sunday’s
· Valid G Driver’s License with access to vehicle and must be able to travel to various locations within the GTA
· Ability to work well under pressure and with several key stake holders at the same time