AV Repair Technician
EQ Full TimeWoodbridge, ON
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, supplying award winning audio-visual entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees to weddings and large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Do you pride yourself on your professionalism always being committed, showing honesty and integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective team that openly communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have an immediate opening for a highly skilled full time Repair Technician able to perform a variety of complex technical tasks including troubleshooting and repair of faulty equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage all repair tasks in a service-tag based system based on set priorities and deadlines.
● Daily testing, troubleshooting and repair of faulty equipment.
● Estimating repair costs
● Sourcing of and maintaining parts supplies.
● Coordination of RMA/Warrantee and high-end repairs to be sent out to service providers
● Closing of service tags, documenting problems detected, and services performed, including parts and labour costs.
● Coordinating return of gear to the originating warehouse.
● General administrative duties.
● Other duties as assigned by the Warehouse Manager
Qualifications and Requirements
● Completion of a post-secondary Electronics program from a recognized technical institution or 3-5 years equivalent experience.
● Minimum 2 years of practical experience in the testing and repair of electronic equipment.
● Strong written and oral English communication skills.
● Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
● Soldering, circuit board repair, mechanical repair, electrical repair experience. SMT skills an asset.
● Ability to read and understand schematics.
● Have broad trouble-shooting and fault-finding skills
● Background in repair and maintenance of audio and video equipment, projectors and DMX based lighting an asset
● Ability to work with a high level of integrity and minimal supervision
● Ability to work well under pressure
● Intermediate computer and networking skills. R2 software experience an asset.
● Ability to lift 50lbs
● Willingness to work flexible hours as dictated by Warehouse Manager, evenings and weekends may be required
● Valid driver license