Social Event Manager
B2CFull TimeWoodbridge, ON
Full-Time Salary ($45K-$60K annually based on experience)
bb Blanc is a Canadian owned and operated live event company, who has been supplying award winning audiovisual/staging production and live entertainment to both the corporate and social event markets since its inception in 2008. With “Creating Event Magic” as our core purpose, bb Blanc has become a leader in our industry, executing over 2500 events each year from small meetings and intimate soirees, weddings to large elaborate productions.
Unmatched creativity and award-winning customer service are what we pride ourselves in and at the forefront of that is our people. Are you someone who is Passionate about delivering Magical, Memorable event experiences? Do you pride yourself on your Professionalism always being Committed, showing Honesty and Integrity? Do you want to be involved with an effective Team that openly Communicates and works together to achieve the highest of standards? If so, bb Blanc is the team for you.
We have immediate openings for a highly skilled, personable Social Event Manager looking to deliver the bb Blanc magic to our clients. This is an ideal position for an passionate customer service oriented person with advanced skills / experience as a entertainer (DJ, MC or Musician) OR Lead Technician in the entertainment industry who is looking to join a growing company in a full-time salaried capacity.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- LMA - Lead, Manage and Hold Accountable
- Responsible for Systems/Process management and improvements
- Inventory - Transfers and Onsite (Venue Leads to help with onsite inventory management)
- Create all PO’s for items to be ordered against job orders
- Logistics - Confirming efficient weekly logistics with Logistics Manager
- Train all Technical & Entertainment Staff to bb SOP’s
- DJ and Tech events as required
- Staffing Technical & Entertainment Staff on all social events with-in defined budget
- Manage all client expectations from sold to execute
- Execution - Ensure all Pull sheets are 100% accurate for every job
- Execution - Ensure all details from clients are efficiently collected and passed off for execution
- Sales Support - Assisting Social Account Managers with social sales (Show room included)
- Customer Service - If there are issues, the problem needs to be discovered followed by a new process to eliminate
- Ensure clear and timely event detailing communication with Venue partners
- Responsible to ensure all Venue gear is in proper working order with minimal down time
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
- 3-5+ years of related experience in event management
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Must have Client / Project management experience AND advanced skills / experience as an entertainer (DJ, MC or Musician) OR Lead Technician in the entertainment industry.
- Detail oriented and strong problem solver
- Available to work days, evenings and weekends. This is a 24 / 7 operation and shifts will vary.
- Excellent interpersonal & Customer Service Skills
- Excellent People management skills
- Passionate, excited and has a positive outlook on the goal
- Versatile and resourceful
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills
- Computer proficient, with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word Excel spreadsheet and capability and ability to learn new software