SiteFull TimePerth, ON
The Lead Hand is responsible for overseeing all site workers on their site, ensuring all tasks are completed in a safe and timely manner. They are in charge of coordinating work across multiple areas and ensuring that safety protocols are followed at all times. The Lead Hand assists workers with issues and concerns and may be required to mentor apprentices within their trade. They make sure that all project goals and time frames are met, as well as prioritizes tasks as necessary.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience managing workers on a construction site. You will be well organized and have a good knowledge of the health and safety requirements on site. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate effectively with all workers on site.
- Coordinate tasks according to priorities and plans
- Monitor attendance of crew
- Allocate general and daily responsibilities
- Supervise and train workers and tradespeople
- Ensure manpower and resources are adequate for the project and request more if required
- Guarantee all safety precautions and quality standards are met
- Supervise the use of machinery and equipment
- Ensure equipment on site is maintained
- Report problems when they arise and resolve as instructed
- Report on progress to Foreman