EstimatingFull TimePerth, ON
The Junior Estimator is responsible for preparing accurate estimates for both small and large sized projects. They will be required to analyze information, specifications, proposals and important metrics, to provide quantity take-off and accurate costing. The estimating process includes reading drawings, quantity take-off, writing proposals, and obtaining costs for materials and subcontractors.
A qualified candidate should have excellent numerical skills, an analytical mindset, be diligent and thorough, with one to two years of experience in reading blueprints, understanding project specifications, and quantity take-off. An associate degree is beneficial.
- Interpret the plans and specifications and make the necessary calculations for pricing of tenders.
- Prepare pre-qualification and/or tender submissions and present to clients.
- Identify material and subcontractor requirements by studying blueprints, soils reports, specifications, and related project documents.
- Compute quantities using estimating software and/or an excel spreadsheet.
- Identify potential conflicts between project documents
- Analyze quantities of specific change orders for extras pricing and produce graphic and charts for submittal.
- Ensure pricing is requested and received in good time for closing the project
- Clearly communicate scope of work to Subcontractor’s and suppliers, and accurately interpret quotes to ensure all costs are accounted for and ensuring no elements of the scope or supplies are missing.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures, including current/accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors.
- Create and submit estimate reports, quote sheets and/or bids forms to appropriate persons
- Ensure that worksheets and related take-off forms/submittals are presented in a way that is clearly understandable to others reviewing the information.
- Attend tender site visits and interact with clients during tendering phase to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate.
- Maintain strong industry contacts which may be converted into business leads.
- Create turn over package to hand over to Project management and Site Supervisors for project execution.
- Prepare CAD Files with correct information for each project to handover to Project Manager and Foreman.
- Ensure calibration points and files, are prepared and ready to be used in the field.
- Prepare surface & layout drawings for site use.