EngineeringFull TimeShenzhen, China
Avnan is seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join the dynamic team in our Shenzhen, China office.
In this role you will design embedded MCU controls for a variety of projects, including residential appliances and other products. You will be working closely with internal team members (Hardware/Firmware Engineers, Electronics Engineering Technologists) to design reliable electronic controls.
You will also be tasked to design and build automatic or semi-automatic test fixtures for new development products. Prepare engineering design and manufacturing documents, in addition to providing technical support to local factories, Sales, Purchasing and Customers as required. You have effective communication skills and can interact clearly and positively with team members in both our China and Canada office.
In this role, your accountabilities will include:
• BTP (Build to Print) project lead - Sanitize customer files for quotes, create drawings and check alternates specs, build production testers. Control and release engineering documents
• Create designs from concept to manufacturing (hardware and software) for each new development project
• Provide technical support in testing and manufacturing to local factory, improve product quality and productivity
• Schematic and BOM design for analog/digital and embedded MCU control circuit, i.e, Microchip MCU, AD/DAC, USART, I2C, SPI, PWM, LCD, R S232, USB, RF, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Switch Mode Power supply, LED driver, Motor Triac control and various sensors like temperature, Humidity, Proximity, current, air flow, Light or Photo, CO/CO2, VOC
• Design and build Manual or Automatic testers (Hardware and software) to factories for new product launch
• Troubleshoot field returned defective boards (RMA) down to component level- determine root cause and propose improvement actions
• PCB layout using Altium AD10 (Protel) and Assembly drawings using AutoCAD
• Create detailed engineering documents like test procedure for factories to build new products
• Inspect and Test prototypes and samples as per Schematic, BOM, and PCB Gerbers etc.
• Provide technical support for Sales, Purchasing, Quality team and Customers
On a day-to-day, your role will involve:
• Concept design in new control project for Sourcing team to quote.
• Analog and digital circuit, schematic and BOM design
• PCB layout using Altium and Assembly drawing using Autocad
• Circuit simulation using Altium or equivalent
• Create/Control engineering document for new products
• Inspect and test prototypes and samples as per BOM, and Gerbers etc.
• RMA Analysis, find out root causes and help factories improve quality
• Firmware design in C language or others
To be successful in this role, you possess:
• Electrical/Electronics Engineering degree or equivalent combination of education and related experience
• Minimum of 5 years of electrical/electronic engineering design, with solid experience with test fixtures
• Technical report writing and drawing
• Schematic, PCB layout and design
• Draft Assembly Drawing
• Circuit simulation
• Lab equipment and test skill set:
• Multimeter, Oscilloscope, Power analyzer, Thermo-tester, MPLAB developer and etc.
• PCBA manufacturing working knowledge and experiences.
• Altium, AutoCAD, Excel, MS Office
• Takes personal responsibility for projects
• Is able to see the big picture and do what’s right
• Persists and does not give up on beliefs
• Works well with a team, and includes suppliers in our team
• Creates simple, elegant solutions- finds ways to add value
• Is committed to continuous improvement and always looks for ways to be better
• Clear and effective written and verbal English communication skills are an asset
• Creative and logical thinking with the ability to design.
• Must be technically sound in both electrical/mechanical parts
• Ability to follow procedures and maintain proper documentation
To apply for this exciting opportunity, send your resume to email@example.com quoting the job title in the subject line.
While we thank all applicants for their interest, due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to queries individually and only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.