FinanceFull TimeOakville, ON
We have an exciting opportunity for a Controller to join the Avnan leadership team in our Canada office. Reporting directly to the COO, this position will undertake all aspects of financial management, including (but not limited to) corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, financial risk management, cash management, and government compliance.
Our ideal candidate has a proven history improving department efficiencies. An immediate priority in the next year will be to optimize systems, utilize automation and other tools to drive efficiency. You will have the opportunity to lead a project to optimize our accounting practices, elevate levels of accountability and develop internal control policies/procedures.
You will become the subject matter lead for financial matters that reflects Avnan’s company and department level initiatives.
In this role you will be tasked with:
Financial Reporting and Budgeting
• Oversee annual Budgeting Process and prepare final budget
• Provide monthly financial information to several divisions
• Ensure accuracy of financial records
• Chair monthly financial meeting
• Prepare year-end files
• Analyze variances in Financial Statements and aid managers in identifying areas of concern
• Systemize accounting processes
• Manage the company’s cash flow
• Develop and maintain relationships with banks
• Review financing as necessary
• Report to bank as required
• Ensure government compliance with respect to remittances (GST, EI, CPP, etc)
• Review Corporate tax returns before filing
• Review of Corp Tax instalments
• Prepare & file T4's
• Employee management, mentoring and development of 2 direct reports
• Provide advice on company strategy
• Find cost saving opportunities
• Assist in integrating new acquisitions
• Increase level of accountability in company by providing tools to measure progress
• Liaise with managers to understand and ensure that financial records are reflective of division initiatives
• Set and manage credit limits for customers
• Duty codes
• Prepare and file SRED
• Research government programs/grants
To be successful in this role, you have:
• A Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent combination of education and related experience
• Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA or CMA) designation is preferred, but an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be acceptable
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in a similar Controller role
• Advanced Excel skills
• Knowledge of ERP Software (Epicor or similar platform)
• Knowledge of Accounting Software (Sage 50 or other similar platform)
• Proven experience automating accounting practices and leveraging other efficiencies
• Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
• Detail oriented and systematic thinker
• An attitude of ownership over their responsibilities
• High level of initiative
• Must be able to work effectively in a multi-company business environment
• Ability to work with large amounts of data
• Mandarin language skills, while not required, are an asset
As a lean but highly entrepreneurial, growth-oriented company, our ideal candidate is collaborative, willing to roll up their sleeves and act both strategically and tactically.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please quote “Controller” in the subject line.
Please note while we thank you for your interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Avnan will provide accommodations on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment process. If you require accommodations, please contact our HR department of the nature of accommodations that you may require, to ensure your equal participation.
*While Covid restrictions are in effect, this role may work remotely with the occasional requirement to physically work in the office as needed (subject to Avnan’s Covid Safety Plan). When it is safe again to do so, this role will work in our office location. Please note that effective July 5, 2021, our office will be located at 2355 Royal Windsor Drive, Unit 12, Mississauga ON.