Client Marketing Specialist (Remote)
Client OperationsFull TimeVancouver, BC
Deadline for applications: Friday, June 4
The Client Marketing Specialist is responsible for the results of our clients’ marketing, delivering value while supporting Avenue’s long-term objectives. A successful candidate is proactive in driving transformation in their team now—as Avenue pushes beyond its core real estate vertical—and in the future to support organisational goals. This is an opportunity for an emerging leader to develop their strategic and people management skills.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Director of Business Operations and Avenue’s other Client Marketing Specialist to design the team’s future, situating it within Avenue’s mission and vision.
- Support Avenue’s agile transformation as its champion within the Client Marketing team.
- Pursue innovations that will keep Avenue ahead of current trends in marketing, building sustainable processes to deliver long-term value to our clients.
- Own the coaching and development of your direct reports (1-3) as well as the team as a whole.
- As a member of the Strategic Development Group, contribute to decisions which will define Avenue’s future.
- Model effective behaviours in Avenue’s project delivery framework, Areas of Focus.
Key metrics for this role include:
- Client leads
- Gross margin
Avenue uses a competency-based approach to personal development and hiring. Competencies are broad qualities that guide success in a role and within a career path. They are the amalgamation of behaviours, skills, experience and ability. At Avenue, we’ve defined 9 core competencies that are consistent across all roles.
Questions during the interview stage will focus on the key competencies for this role, which are as follows.
Performance & Delivery:
Problem-solving, Productivity, and Self-Organisation
Skill level required: Engaged
- Effectively prioritise your team’s work to deliver value for internal and external stakeholders.
- Solve for the root cause of issues rather than just the symptoms, using an opportunity mindset to turn them into a chance for improvement.
Empathy, Collaboration, and Communication
Skill level required: Engaged/Proficient
- Support teammates and peers with their professional development.
- Model a respectful and safe environment that fosters creativity, openness & freedom to make mistakes.
Understanding Context, Decision Making, Flexibility & Adaptability
Skill level required: Engaged/Proficient
- Situate challenges and opportunities within the broader landscape of Avenue’s current state and future goals.
- Seek opportunities to give and receive feedback, using this to develop and implement new ideas.
Candidates should be well versed in digital marketing best practices, demonstrating their ability to stay ahead of the curve as those continue to change.
This can be demonstrated through lived experience and/or through certain qualifications.
Compensation, Benefits & Perks
- An annual salary of $45,000
- Awesome benefits delivered through League.com’s digital platform, giving you flexibility, choice and control. Extended coverage for both medical and dental, plus your own lifestyle (gym, workout gear, ski pass) and health spending accounts (massage, chiropractor, glasses etc...)
- The right tools for the job (Macbook, $500 home office stipend, $40/month internet allowance).
- Collaborative distributed-working environment.
- Flexible hours and unlimited vacation; at Avenue you work when it makes the most sense for you and your team.
Avenue grew out of a need we saw in the real estate industry. All of the REALTORS® we knew put in hours of screen time each week, online, trying to manage the many moving parts that made up their personal marketing. They wanted to attract new clients, but they weren’t getting results they wanted.
As a team of marketers, engineers, and designers, we saw how our respective skill sets could work together to solve their problem. We could give Realtors what they’d never had before: The chance to market themselves online, and stand out—supported by the knowledge and tools only a team of experts could provide.
Avenue is a completely distributed company, remote working is core to the way that we work.
Avenue firmly believes in the value of a diverse and inclusive workplace where people come together to learn and grow. We welcome applicants of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. As a company, we are working to provide equal opportunities and a supportive work environment for all.