Production / Cutting Assistant
Anne Mulaire Production TeamFull TimeWinnipeg, MB
Anne Mulaire is a local Winnipeg boutique and manufacturer that sells high quality fashion garments to customers in Manitoba and across Canada and the US. All garments are eco-friendly and made using sustainable and ethical practices.
About the Role
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Production / Cutting Assistant who can add value to our team. As a fabric cutter, you will also be responsible to assist the Design and Production teams supporting product development, sample-making, custom orders and more. The position is ideal for someone who is self-motivated, a team player and has the ability to work under pressure.
Why Anne Mulaire?
We are forward thinkers, innovators, and creators. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. If you are someone who is looking to play a vital role in the success of a well-established sustainable fashion brand, we want you on our team!
Your Day to Day
- Cutting fabric from patterns for production
- Cut paper patterns
- Prepare and bundle garments for main production and for screen-printing.
- Assist with production of Zero-waste garments including organizing and sorting the fabric remnants and cutting and bundling Zero-waste fabric for production
- Assist the Design team with custom orders.
- Assist the Production team with alterations and just-in-time orders.
- Assist in product development and creating samples.
- Assist the Production team with sewing, tagging or steaming as needed.
- Sanitize workspace daily (cutting table, sewing machine or any other station used).
- Candidate must be double vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Knowledge in basic pattern making is preferred.
- Experience in cutting is an asset (hand-cutting or with an industrial cutter)
- Experience using industrial sewing machines is preferred.
- Hand sewing skills preferred
- High degree of accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Excel and general computer skills
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable with a good attendance record and a focus on punctuality
- Commitment to quality and safety