Sewing Machine Operator
Anne Mulaire Production TeamFull TimeWinnipeg, MB
Anne Mulaire is a local Winnipeg boutique and manufacturer that sells high quality fashion garments to customers in Manitoba and across Canada and the US. All garments are eco-friendly and made using sustainable and ethical practices.
About the Role
We are looking for full-time and part time Sewing Machine Operators who can add value to our team. We look for individuals who have a passion for sewing and enjoy challenges. Everyday will be different at Anne Mulaire as you will get the chance to work on a variety of pieces.
Why Anne Mulaire?
We are forward thinkers, innovators, and creators. We offer competitive compensation and benefits. If you are someone who is looking to play a vital role in the success of a well-established sustainable fashion brand, we want you on our team!
Your Day to Day
- Produce bamboo and cotton jersey fashion garments such as jackets, dresses, tops, leggings, pants, and accessories.
- Sew pre-cut fabric pieces including, but not limited to, pockets, flaps, binding, piping, hoods, sleeves and linings.
- Assess the quality of cut pieces before sewing to ensure garments are up to quality standards.
- Participate in the sewing process as part of a team to ensure all work is completed in accordance with quality standards, delivery schedules and safety requirements.
- Ensure individual and team productivity quotas are met or exceeded on a daily basis.
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations and related company policies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Candidate must be double vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination.
- Experience using industrial sewing machines is preferable. Experience in the apparel manufacturing industry is an asset but not essential.
- Able to use various industrial machines such as single needle, serger, mini-serger, cover-stitch and binding machines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable with a good attendance record and a focus on punctuality
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to quality and safety
Anne Mulaire is an equal opportunity employer. This means that we strive to make employment decisions at every point of the employment, from application to termination, based on merit. We want to have the most qualified person in every position. In addition, we believe an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace is one where all workers, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or disability, feel valued, included, and respected.