Production Support Assistant
Anne Mulaire Production TeamFull TimeWinnipeg, MB
Anne Mulaire is a local Winnipeg boutique that manufactures and sells high quality fashion garments to customers in Manitoba and across Canada and the US. All garments are eco-friendly and made using sustainable practices.
About the Role
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Production Support Assistant to join our team. If you have a passion for sewing, cutting and enjoy challenges, this position is for you. Every day, you will be supporting the production team, either in sewing garments, hand-cutting orders or helping with the steaming and cleaning of the garments.
Why Anne Mulaire?
We offer competitive compensation and benefits. If you are someone who is looking to play a vital role in the success of an up-and-coming fashion company … we want you on our team!
Your Day to Day
- Produce bamboo and cotton jersey fashion garments such as jackets, dresses, tops, leggings and pants.
- Sew pre-cut fabric pieces including, but not limited to, pockets, flaps, binding, piping, hoods, sleeves and linings.
- Assist the designer or assistant designer with just-in-time orders and custom orders (hand-cutting and sewing).
- Assist with alterations (sewing hooks and buttons on jackets, cutting, hemming, clothing disassembly, etc.).
- Inspect each garment for defects to ensure it adheres to Anne Mulaire’s high-quality standards.
- Clean garments as specified
- Apply size transfer and attach sales tags to garments
- Create and print labels for sales tags
- Steam or iron garments
- Cut paper patterns
- Experience using industrial sewing machines is essential, preferably in the apparel manufacturing industry.
- Able to use various industrial machines such as single needle, serger, mini-serger, cover-stitch and binding machines.
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work well with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Reliable with a good attendance record and a focus on punctuality
- Strong attention to detail
- Commitment to quality and safety