Clinical Trial Budget Specialist
PlacementsFull TimeMontreal, QC
Do YOU want to join one of Canada's fastest growing Contract Research Organizations (CRO) dedicated to providing quality and service excellence to our pharmaceutical and biotechnology clients?
At ALLPHASE Clinical Research, we continually strive to expand our knowledge base and experience by hiring talented people to further our remarkable growth. Our aim is to find the right people for the right roles to deliver services in line with industry best practices.
ALLPHASE is seeking an experienced and professional Clinical Trial Budget Specialist to join our dynamic team on behalf of our client in Montreal! This is a new position for our client and the successful candidate has the unique opportunity to influence and shape this role within the organization.
We’re looking for a passionate self-starter who can lead the review, negotiation, and approval of clinical study budgets for all investigator sites participating in global sponsored clinical trials. You are respectful in your negotiations and constantly look for efficiencies in the process to facilitate a quick study start-up. As subject matter expert, you’ll guide others in the organization by sharing best practices and developing budget templates and SOPs.
If this sounds like YOU, we would love to hear from you!
Summary of Position:
The Clinical Trial Budget Specialist will lead the review, negotiation, and approval of clinical study budgets for all sites participating in global sponsored Clinical trials. Improve efficiency in study start up through the development of budget strategies that expedite the approval process. Prepare budget reports, present recommendations to management, and monitor for trends. As subject matter expert, guide stakeholders on budget development processes and procedures.
- Lead the development of trial and site-specific budget proposals based on global budget models.
- Mange the review, negotiation, and approval of site-specific budgets in compliance with Fair Market Value, internal legal and accounting principles and ethical standards.
- Work closely with the Clinical Study Manager in order to understand the clinical trial protocol and verify the budget accounts for all procedural and labor costs.
- Improve efficiency and collaboration through the design and development of budget templates and procedures.
- Reviews all budget amendments, strategic plans and performance measures
- Assume responsibility for all applicable metrics tracking, including researching, analyzing and monitoring for trends
- Maintain a database of site-specific negotiated budgets
- Act as subject matter expert on budget process and procedure guiding staff as needed.
- Work proactively to improve processes and establish refinements that reduce cycle time create savings and improve efficiency in the initiation of clinical trial sites.
- Fulfill other duties as required.
- Experienced professional negotiator with a passion for working with budgets
- Experienced in evaluating and negotiating clinical study budgets with investigational sites.
- Ability to explain budgeting and financial information in plain terms
- Familiarity with forecasting methods and data analysis
- Detail oriented, analytical, and able to meet aggressive deadlines
- Familiarity with interpreting clinical study visit schedules and protocol/subject related procedures.
- High energy, self-starter with the ability to work in a team environment, as well as independently
- Highly collaborative, professional, and customer focused.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to influence others
- Able to multitask and work effectively in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Maintains a positive, results orientated work environment.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in appropriate scientific or business disciplines (finance, business administration, healthcare)
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience and/or equivalent competencies in legal/ hospital or pharmaceutical industry/clinical research budget negotiation is required
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (advanced formulas, pivot tables and charts)
- Knowledge of budget and accounting best practices and regulations
- Ability to understand medical procedural terminology and its application in building Canadian specific budgets based on global templates.
- Bilingualism – Oral and Written (English and French)
- Strong computer skills and database management is required