Junior Implementation Developer (Calgary)
ProductFull TimeCalgary, AB
Since 2013 Aimsio's software has been helping companies communicate more efficiently between off-site locations and head offices. We are a B2B SaaS company with roughly 30 employees and two offices, one in Calgary and one in Vancouver. We’re ready to take on the world and we’d like you to join us!
The role: Are you up for the challenge?
Aimsio prides itself in providing an excellent response to our valued customers. The Junior Implementation Developer role is a critical role for our Product team. This person takes on the technical challenges associated with our implementations, supporting our Implementation Specialists. You'll be in charge of developing the front-end forms for our new customers, updating forms for existing customers, helping troubleshoot issues in the back-end, and participating in a variety of different initiatives in our company.
Responsibilities: How you will make a contribution?
- Develop client forms/tickets via HTML, CSS, JavaSscript
- Create SQL reports for clients
- Work with Implementation Specialists on client projects, providing technical knowledge to solve problems
- Setup and configure clients using Aimsio tools
- Build and Customize Power BI dashboards
- Participate in requirements gathering/training sessions
- Contribute to project documentation (Workflows, user guides, project timelines)
- Review code from other team members
- Manage and track time via JIRA; manage your code using GIT; collaborate using Slack
Qualifications: do you have what it takes?
- Some experience working as a programmer in a professional environment. Completed internships will qualify, a year or two of post-graduation work would be even better
- Experience with front-end programming, specifically Java Script and HTML/CSS
- Experience writing SQL queries
- Some understanding of back-end programming technologies, such as Java
- Strong written and verbal English communication
- Experience collaborating with teams
- Patient and positive demeanor
- Highly organized and deadline-driven
- Knowledge of Power BI or similar tools is a plus
- As people in this role often move into our business analyst/implementation specialist role, it will be an asset if you love working with people and are able to explain technical concepts in plain English
Safety: we take it seriously!
All our staff are working from home right now, and have been since March 2020. Since we're tech workers, it was an easy transition for us to make, and allowed us to avoid the risks associated with commuting and shared office spaces. Our ideal candidate will live in or near Calgary or Vancouver and will work remotely from home until at least the end of 2020. We don't know for certain what the future will hold, but you should expect any combination of remote (home) work and office work at some point in the future. However, as an Aimsio employee, you will always have some flexibility to work from home even if we end up back in offices.
Compensation: get rewarded
You will receive a competitive base salary and our full health and wellness benefits plan. Our employee benefits include full health and dental; a wellness account; paid sick, vacation, and flex; and RRSP/TFSA matching.
To apply, please include in your resume IN PDF FORMAT (Word documents will not be accepted), a cover letter, and any social media links you are willing to share that will help us learn about you, your past accomplishments, and your enthusiasm for life!
To be considered, you must be eligible to work in Canada without requiring sponsorship from Aimsio.
Give us a creep. We’re on Instagram (aimsio_inc), Facebook (@aimsio) and Twitter (@aimsioinc). And please check out our Careers page, too: https://aimsio.com/careers/