Full Stack Developer (Intermediate & Senior - Multiple Positions)
Product & EngineeringFull TimeTORONTO, ON
We are looking for a highly-skilled developer that has experience in building complex business applications using the Laravel and Vue frameworks. Candidates should have experience developing applications on the Laravel framework and Vue framework, working with a database, working within a cloud environment, and working with standard developer tools.
- 1 to 4+ years of experience with Laravel and Vue.
- 2 to 5+ years of experience with custom application development.
- Must be able to work EDT business hours. 9am - 6pm Toronto time (EST).
- Must be able to speak and write fluent English. Your first interview will be a video call via Zoom.
- Must be dedicated, passionate, and hard-working. Attitude is everything.
- Must be able to work with a team and collaborate remotely. Hard workers and self-starters please apply.
- We are looking for a creative and efficient problem solver.
- Experience with VueX Store, Vue Router, and Provide/Inject.
- OAuth and JWT Tokens experience is a nice to have.
- Experience with the AWS framework is a nice to have.
- In-depth knowledge of object-oriented PHP and Laravel 8 framework.
- Advanced Laravel Experience (Middleware, Collections, Policies, Request, Resources, and Service Containers).
- Experience with software testing, TDD, and unit testing (PHPUnit, PHPSpec, Behat).
- Experience with MySQL profiling and query optimization.
- Solid working experience building RESTful APIs.
- Active experience integrating custom code with 3rd party web services.
- Hands-on experience with tools such as Git and Jira.
- Experience working within Agile development environments.
What You Will Do
- Work with a team of developers, BA, PM, QA, etc to execute strategies and implement solutions to build quality business software applications.
- Develop front-end and back-end components for large data-driven applications.
- Review features requests, provide feedback, and develop/maintain features for web applications.
- Document your development process and development components.
- Work with other developers to complete tasks and share ideas.
- Coach intermediate and junior developers; write documentation; make architectural changes to help other team members build features
- As part of our engineering team, we work in a Continuous Integration / Continuous Development environment; meaning, we push features often
- We're all extremely passionate about the Laravel Ecosystem. If you are someone who wants to up your Laravel game and like discussing problems with fellow Laravel devs, then this position is perfect for you
- We don't like to micromanage; you get assigned to a team, are given business requirements, and are in charge of scoping out features with your team.
- We encourage collaboration and pair programming; got a problem you just can't figure out? Pair program or discuss it with your fellow engineers to come up with the best solution possible
- We have a scale mindset; every feature you build needs to be built with scale in mind (this means that multiple nested loops is probably a red flag!)
- Everything is peer reviewed; we have a strict code standard at ACTO, and everything is reviewed. This gives you a chance to level up your programming knowledge, but also allows you to help coach and mentor junior engineers
- Company Macbook Pro
- Monthly work-from-home credit
- Flex hours (overlapping with our core hours)
- Work from anywhere (we're currently remote)
- Beneifts (health, dental, vision, etc.)
Our Hiring Process We have a 3-part hiring process that includes a written code test and then a video interview.
- Initial Interview - 30 mins
- Take-home assignment (usually takes up to 2 hours max)
- Technical Interview - 60 mins Zoom call (this is split into two 30 minute sessions with senior ACTO engineers)
- Cultural Interview - 30 mins Zoom Call
- References - 2 References (Previous Managers or Peers)