Technical Support Manager
Customer SuccessFull TimeTORONTO, ON
ACTO is changing how drugs and devices are brought to market and promoted. ACTO Commercialization Cloud is the only unified sales, marketing and compliance platform designed for life sciences that delivers field effectiveness and powerful data insights by combining micro-learning, sales enablement, video coaching, and live events in a single, engaging app. Global life sciences companies use ACTO to increase sales, drive brand alignment, and reduce compliance risk.
We are looking for a Technical Support Manager to join our fast-growing team.
As the Technical Support Manager, you will grow into a role that creates processes to support the delivery of an excellent customer experience. You will begin by gaining a deep and nuanced understanding of the ACTO platform and providing customers with hands-on technical support. As the company grows, you will work collaboratively with other departments including Customer Success and Product to build out a scalable and sustainable support model. You will eventually be responsible for managing and leading a team of support specialists. In this role, you will be the point person for all things support related at ACTO. You will join an enthusiastic, fast-paced, and dynamic team that thrives on providing an excellent support experience to our customers.
· Gain a deep and nuanced understanding of the ACTO platform including complex feature configurations, integrations, and feature-sets.
· Put in time providing hands-on day-to-day functional and technical support to our customers using our support software, support email, and the telephone. This will enable you to understand exactly how the support system currently works and where there is opportunity for improvement.
· Work with the Customer success and Product Teams to build out a scalable support model as the company grows both in North America and overseas.
· Ensure proper, timely follow-up on assigned support cases to ensure Service Level Agreements are met and customer satisfaction is consistently high.
· Provide and manage the training and development of new support team members.
· Build out a system of accurate and updated documentation for all support processes, procedures, and best practices.
· Collaborate with the Product, Sales, and Customer Success teams to understand customers, customer expectations, and how to provide optimal support.
· Successfully manage and resolve escalated customer support issues individually and through collaboration with team members.
· Manage a demanding workload while maintaining individual and team technical support objectives and KPIs.
· Monitor and review the level of support that is provided to our customers and provide internal stakeholders with this data on an ongoing basis.
· Bachelor's degree
· 3+ years of experience in technical support (preferably in SaaS)
· 3+ years of management experience with an ability to manage team members and provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring
· Excellent communication skills in English both verbal and written
· Technical aptitude and experience working in a technical capacity
· Analytical, business, and tech savvy – must possess the ability to understand customer business processes and workflows and translate them into system functionality to help customers meet their needs with existing system features
· Ability to grasp complex system workflows, to understand cause and effect for actions taken in a business process or software system. This skill is critical in troubleshooting issues to distinguish between user error and actual system defects
· Experience with one or more of the following is highly preferred: programming languages, relational databases, HTML/content development
· To be an exceptional team player with a can-do attitude who is able to collaborate effectively with and empower a tight-knit team while also being able to work independently
· Flexible and adaptable to rapid change
· Committed to providing a consistent high-quality experience to customers
· Demonstrable critical thinking and decision-making skills
· Ability to grasp technical language quickly and effectively translate it to different audiences by breaking complex problems down into digestible next steps
Bonus points if you have
· Experience within the life sciences/healthcare industry
· Experience working in an agile environment and collaborating with development teams
· Experience working in a SaaS company
Job Type: Full-Time
At ACTO we believe diverse and inclusive teams perform better. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to working with applicants requesting accommodations during our interview process. We thank everyone for their interest in ACTO, only those applicants that have been selected for an interview will be contacted.