Technical Systems Engineer
SupportFull TimeConcord, ON
Infinite IT Solutions is looking for a Technical Systems Engineer to join our team!
- Are you a naturally driven individual?
- Do you have strong time-management skills?
- Are you a passionate individual that loves working with numbers, and enjoys interacting with peers and customers?
- Do you want to continuously learn new things, and seek learning opportunities without being asked?
- Are you a logical individual that can apply common sense to your job every day?
- Are you willing to go above and beyond to ensure the quality of your work is done properly, the first time?
- Are you resourceful and innovative when trying to solve problems?
If you enthusiastically answer “YES” to these questions you may be the person we’re looking to join our growing team!
Related Attributes, Education, Experience, and Skills
We are seeking a technically strong individual that possesses as many of the items below:
- Post-Secondary Education in a related field is a STRONG asset.
- Minimum of 3 years field experience working for a Value Added Reseller, Systems Integrator or ISP.
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal with all levels of a customer’s organization.
- Highly organized, ability to effectively handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking with great ease.
- Strong English written and verbal communication skills.
- In-depth problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to quickly and effectively deal with technical issues, client challenges, and emergency repairs.
- Ability to maintain a high level of performance under stressful conditions.
- Availability to be on call for afterhours support if required.
- Ability to maintain accurate records and documentation.
- Willingness to be creative/innovative, contribute to and champion change.
- Work cooperatively in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Commitment to continuous learning and application of new skills.
- Ability to analyze problems and perform basic financial analysis of technical solutions.
The following certifications are required and are beneficial to ensure the employee has proper foundation for the workload. Although certifications are defined below, experience for each of the certifications is also necessary. Please ensure that you specify the experience you have applying the knowledge attained from the certification, or if the certification is strictly academic without practical application. We also require that you list certification dates, expiry dates, and any certification #’s that you list on your resume.
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Fundamentals
- Microsoft Certified: Azure Fundamentals
- Dell Certifications
- IBM Certifications
- HP Certification
- Other Cisco Certifications
- Other VMware Certifications
- Other Microsoft Certifications
Be sure to include any certification dates, and examples of how you applied those certifications in the field. Failure to do so will disqualify your submission. For this job application, MORE IS MORE. Feel free to include any case studies of your work, awards you have won, or other information you wish to share with us.
Tasks and Duties
The candidate must agree to devote the whole of their time, attention, and ability to Infinite IT, and shall well and faithfully function as a productive member of Infinite IT, and will use best efforts to promote the best interests of Infinite IT at all times.
The position requires that the individual have experience with all of the following items, with quantifiable implementation, management, and troubleshooting skills (in order of importance):
1. Operate data communication systems, including Cisco LANs and/or WANs (Layer 2 & 3);
2. Support, Deploy, Manage, Operate and Optimize Microsoft infrastructure, and other essential services (such as O365, Windows Server, Windows 10, Microsoft Exchange);
3. Support, analyze, plan, and modify network component(s) supporting customer communication implementation activities and projects;
Some other beneficial experience and attributes include:
- Propose and implement enhancements (software and hardware updates) that will improve the performance and reliability of a solution;
- Develop and evaluate network performance criteria and measurement methodologies;
- Analysis of capacity / needs requirements for switching, routing transmission and signaling;
- Assist in network architecture design, feasibility and cost studies;
- Works with customers to develop new processes (business process (re)engineering);
- Identify process improvement opportunities with customers;
- Conduct needs assessments to assist sales force and / or customers in determining which business requirements can and should be automated, counsel customer on how these automated functions would be integrated with other business processes, and assists sales force to secure the business;
- Translates business requirements into technical requirements;
- Facilitates the identification of and analysis of automation alternatives;
- Helps customer implement new business process(es) and change(s) to their existing business process(es); (during implementation, the business analyst may help develop communication material, define supporting procedures and standards, document training materials, assist in the immediate training efforts, etc.);
- Promotes adherence to standardized processes, strategic principles, and architectural standards;
- Actively shares knowledge with other members and improves the tools and processes used by company personnel;
- Frequent use of computer and computer assisted tools;
- Must be very open to learning and growing personal and professional skills within the IT field (ongoing certification upgrades are a mandatory aspect of this position);
- Strong leadership skills desired; self-motivated and drive to do the best job possible;
- Other tasks that may be assigned by your management team from time to time;
Compensation package consists of the following components.
i. Base Salary (Range $40,000 to $60,000 depending on experience and certifications).
ii. Business communication lines, Email, Computer, full technical support, full administrative support, and full executive support within the organization.
iii. Company benefits plan, which currently includes dental, prescription and other various insurances.
Participation of company training initiatives, including management requests to staff to upgrade skills while employed by Infinite IT.
Infinite IT is an equal opportunity employer and we would like to thank all applicants for their interest. If you require accommodation of disability in the application or interview process, please email your request to email@example.com. The application package is available in accessible format upon request.