3DS DesignFull TimeDelta, BC
Technical Designer/industrial designer
We are seeking experienced Technical Designers and industrial designers located in the greater Vancouver area…
What we do..
We build Museums, Science centers, Luxury ski resorts, public art installations, film and television sets, window dressing for high end retailers, pop-up shops, fashion events, corporate events and Live stage productions. These projects include interactive displays, games and mechanically operated parts which require a skilled team of designers to create, test and prove sustainability and longevity in the market place.
"We have just moved to our new larger facility on Annacis Island and are looking to grow our team. If you do not have the exact qualifications we specify below, but believe that you have strengths to add our team, feel free to send in a resume specifying what contribution you think you can make."
-To review conceptual designs and inform the build process through sketches, detailing and CAD drawings
- Design working prototypes with various materials and methodologies
- Work with the fabrication team to trouble shoot, improve and finalize products.
- create detailed shop drawings for fabricators including CNC machining for production purposes
- explore alternate build methodologies
This positions requires
-A Motivated person with a positive attitude.
-very good communication skills
-Ability to work in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment with very tight timelines
-The ability to adapt quickly to new building methodologies
- An excellent understanding of shop drawings, machining & assembly methods.
-should have familiarity with the CNC process, Training can be provided to successful candidates.
-Strong problem solving skills
-A Certificate or Diploma from a post-secondary institution
- 2-3 years’ experience in a related field of design
-Excellent working knowledge of Rhino, Revit, Autocad , Inventor ,MS excel and MS Word
A competitive wage and benefits package will be provided to the chosen candidates.